Home > 25-50 HP Tractors > New Holland > T1520 << Back to List of Products

New Holland T1520

Current Model

Description

There is no description for this item in our database. You may add one here.

Photos
Displaying 1-5 of 5 photos
Reviews

New Holland T1520 Reviews

Overall Rating:
rating
Build Quality
rating
Features
rating
Performance
rating
Value
rating
Reliability
rating
(4.7 stars, 9 reviews)
View All New Holland T1520 Reviews

Specifications

Height 82.3 (209 cm) (ROPS)

Length 111.4 (282 cm)

Weight (Shipping) 2

Weight 2

Wheelbase 63 (160 cm)

View all New Holland T1520 specifications

Reviews Posted
Sort by
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 items
Clutch
rating
Posted 05/14/2014
by Pappy Thomason
Model year: 2008 Date Purchased: 2008-05-20 Number of Hours: 300

"After a little over a 100 hrs., the clutch went out. Of course it was out warranty by that time. I was pretty sure it was manufacture defect, since I never heard of a tractor clutch failing with so few hours. At a cost of over $3,000 by my local New Holland dealer, it's now gone again at around 300 hrs. I used the front end load, shredder, box blade, post hole digger and disc. I have a 16 acre homestead that it is used on. The dealer wants me to believe I am incorrectly using the clutch when I use the loader because the clutch is a small diameter surface?"

REVIEWER'S ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Pros: Size, mobility, quite, comfortable, easy to access most components. Cons: Clutch. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: USA TX I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

New New Holland T1520 Compact Tractor w/Loader
rating
Posted 12/10/2013
by Rick
Model year: 2011 Date Purchased: 2012-07-10 Number of Hours:

"I upgraded from a Ford 1710 26 HP 2 wheel drive, non power steering 12 gear tractor w/ 5 ft mow deck to this 4WD power steering hydro 35 HP tractor w/ 6 ft mow deck. Makes mowing enjoyable again."

Pros: Loader comes off easily for mowing. Cons: Ground must be really level w/ a backstop to put loader back on easily. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: USA NY I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

Replaced Kubota
rating
Posted 11/14/2013
by NHTN
Model year: 2010 Date Purchased: 2010-05-01 Number of Hours: 500

"Absolutely perfect for maintaining 11 acres. 4WD Hydro. 84" mower, Bush Hog, FEL. Replaced Kubota because couldn't keep hydraulics from leaking. Better fuel economy to boot."

Pros: Size. Cons: Had to add lights front and rear for after dark work. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: USA TN I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

Thumbs Up On This One!
rating
Posted 05/28/2013
by Michael
Model year: 2010 Date Purchased: 2013-02-25 Number of Hours: 50

"This is my second tractor. The first one was a Farmpro tractor that was okay, but shifting gears got old fast with the work I needed to do. I found this T1520 by dumb luck at a local dealer. The dealer wanted to move this left-over off his lot and gave me a good deal. The tractor is easy to operate and very powerful! I use it mostly to grade my driveway, spread topsoil, move firewood, brush hog, and move stone. It does it all and always starts up with the first twist of the key. I considered other sub-compact tractors, but in researching over the internet, this one seems to be best with customer satisfaction and least with problems reported. "

Pros: Hydrostatic transmission, power. Cons: Coffee cup holder too small for my coffee cup! Type of User: Homeowner 1-10 Acres Location: USA NJ I also considered buying: New Holland TC30
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

New Holland T-1520
rating
Posted 02/14/2012
by Richard Carrier
Model year: 2007 Date Purchased: 2007-10-15 Number of Hours: 500

"My 1520 has been a great machine so far, I use it primarily for moving snow in the winter. I grade my driveway with it and occasionally skid out some logs for firewood. This machine has done everything I have asked of it without any problems. It is a good machine in the woods as it turns on a dime and has more than enough power. "

Pros: Power, manuverability, versatility and reliability. Cons: Seating position can be cramped for a big guy. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: USA NH I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

Would Purchase Again
rating
Posted 01/07/2012
by Paul Cybart
Model year: 2010 Date Purchased: 2010-10-15 Number of Hours: 170

"Needed to have a folding ROPS for my own reasons. Traded in a 2002 TC30 and was very happy with the cost factor to trade up. The TC30 did not have a front end loader as I did not have the extra money back in 2002 to justify it. The 1520 came with a loader. All I can say is that I could kick my self for not getting that front end loader in 2002. What a time saver. About the only negatives that I can thing of are not the fault of the tractor. Not used to having the extra appendage of the loader sticking out like that. So this resulted in some scrapped buildings and bark missing on trees. The other negative was the fact that I could not use it as much for grass cutting around house due to the extra weight of the front end loader, the loaded tires and the industrial tires that are on it and the fact that the 2011 grass cutting season in Western New York was a wet one. Have a Toro Wheelhorse 20 HP that I had to use due to the soft ground and rain. The implements that I run off this machine are a 5 foot snowblower, a 5 foot rototiller, a Woods stump grinder, box blade, rake, 6 foot brush hog and a blade."

Pros: Value. Cons: As set up with belly mower - to heavy to cut grass in wet conditions. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: USA NY I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

New Holland T1520
rating
Posted 06/07/2011
by Randy Semaka
Model year: 2010 Date Purchased: 2011-06-01 Number of Hours: 156

"I purchased this tractor for cutting grass on 7 acres, very good performance 4 wheel drive a must, does not have a hydro transmission which I'm okay with. Purchased with bucket good for moving dirt/rocks etc. Will purchase 72 inch finishing mower soon. Lots of PTO power for mower, I think this tractor was great value, warranty is 2 years or 2000 hours, controls are easy to use great tractor."

Pros: All good. Cons: Haven't found any bad yet. Type of User: Homeowner 1-10 Acres Location: CND OT I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

New Holland T1520 4 X 4 Diesel
rating
Posted 08/12/2010
by FARMER AT HEART
Model year: 2009 Date Purchased: 2009-01-12 Number of Hours: 71

"Good, reliable, strong, tractor, but a bit undersized for what we want to do with it. Being a "compact" model it's a bit tippy and you're really limited in the size of the implements you can use. I think eventually we'll be getting a full sized 40 horse like I wanted in the first place. We really wanted an older model tractor and looked at a few but we also thought we would regret not having a 4 x 4 since our land is not very flat and we use the tractor in the snow."

Pros: See above. Cons: See above. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: USA OH I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

T1520
rating
Posted 03/19/2010
by Leon pittman
Model year: 2009 Date Purchased: 2009-06-15 Number of Hours: 145

"Bought the tractor for a small garden and to use as a back up to mow my rental property and some light bush hog work. I went with the 9 3 manual trans. Maybe I'm old fashion but the hydrostatic trans don't appeal to me at all. (yes I have used them before but I still don't like them). I also didn't get the loader because I already had a 555E Ford backhoe and a T190 Bobcat. I did get the 4 wheel drive which I think is a must. So far the tractor has done everything I wanted to and some."

Pros: for a small tractor it is very strong. really surprised me Cons: don't like where parking brake lever is, had to add 5 counter weights to the front Type of User: Homeowner 50-100 Acres Location: USA GA I also considered buying:
REVIEWER'S PHOTOS

© 2020 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.